Use LinkedIn To Enhance Your Personal Brand
LinkedIn is an incredible platform to not only build a social media presence, but to at the same time build up your personal/business brand. Let’s go over five specific reasons and ways of how this is true.
- Stay Young! Simply putting yourself online on the right platforms, such as LinkedIn, shows that you are relevant and in touch with the world around you. This may sound silly, but being in touch and a part of the world, will make you seem more relatable trustworthy when it comes to your work. Remember, not only must you have a profile up, but it needs to stay constantly updated. Keep your profile full, to keep yourself open to as many potential clients as possible.
- Easier to Find Online. Once your LinkedIn profile has more content on it, it will also more likely contain certain keywords and phrases in it. This will make it pop up much more often during other people’s searches. Having more content on your page will create much bigger opportunities for someone to find something they like. Make your profile stand out, and “different”, while at the same time containing the qualifications your clients will be looking for. You want people to be able to find you, not only easily on LinkedIn, but also through google. The stronger your LinkedIn profile is, the more likely you are to pop up during a simple google search. Having your photo and bio added to our Pittsburgh Professionals on the Move directory is another great way to boost your LinkedIn page in a google search.
- Testimonials. An incredibly important aspect of LinkedIn is the testimonial section on your profile. Nowadays people really trust other people, in a way that’s different than before. As we’ve talked about before, Social Media is about creating a two-way conversation rather than an advertisement. We have learned to trust each other when it comes to product or location reviews. Collect testimonials past clients to create the strongest possible profile for yourself.
- Build Bridges. The past couple of tips have been about how LinkedIn can be a great way for others to find you. This is to remind you that, you can also create connections through LinkedIn. Search and find others in the same field, with the same interests, or possible future partners/clients.
- Spread the World. Now that your LinkedIn profile is up, build, and fluffed, give it time. Keep it updated, keep those testimonials coming, and others will start spreading the word for you.