Where can I get a proper photo for my Canada PR and passport near me?
Are you looking for a photographer for your Passport photo or PR photo for Canada in Pittsburgh? Jen Barker Worley Photography has been providing passport photos for Canada for years. We are experts so you don’t have to worry about a complicated process to get your passport photos.
Photos for you PR card (permanent resident card) have slightly different requirements from the Canadian Passport photo requirements.
If you are in need of a passport photo we are happy to help. Click here for pricing and to book your appointment.
Keep in mind, we do require an appointment. Why? Because we are a full photography studio, so if you just walk in chances are we will be with a client or out on location.
Permanent resident photos must be:
- Taken by a commercial photographer.
- 50 mm wide X 70 mm high (2 inches wide x 2- 3/4 inches long) and sized so the height of the face measures between 31 mm (1- 1/4 inches) and 36 mm (1- 7/16 inches) from chin to crown of head (natural top of head).
- Clear, sharp and in focus.
- Taken with a neutral facial expression (eyes open and clearly visible, mouth closed, no smiling).
- Taken with uniform lighting and not show shadows, glare or flash reflections.
- Taken straight on, with face and shoulders centered and squared to the camera (i.e. the photographs must show the full front view of the person’s head and shoulders, showing full face centered in the middle of the photograph).
- Taken in front of a plain white background with a clear difference between your face and the background. Photos must reflect/represent natural skin tones.
- Original photos that are not altered in any way or taken from an existing photo.
What is an altered photo?
- Reflect your current appearance (taken within the last six months)
- Professionally printed on plain, high quality photographic paper (photos printed at home and photos printed on heavy weight paper are not acceptable)
The back of one photo must include:
- the subject’s name and date of birth
- the name and complete address of the photography studio
- the date the photograph was taken
The photographer may use a stamp or handwrite this information. Stick-on labels are unacceptable.
- Glasses may be worn in photos as long as the eyes are clearly visible and there is no glare in the glasses.
- Sunglasses and tinted eye glasses are unacceptable.
- Photos with the red-eye effect or red eye alterations are unacceptable.
- Hats and head coverings must not be worn, unless they are worn daily for religious beliefs or medical reasons. However, your full face must be clearly visible and the head covering must not cast any shadows on your face.
- Your hair can be down.
- Shadows are not acceptable. Lighting must be uniform to avoid shadows across the face or shoulders, around the ears or in the background.
- Child photos must follow the same rules indicated above.
- Photos must show the child’s head and shoulders only. Parent’s or child’s hands must not appear in the photo.
- We recognize the difficulty in obtaining a neutral expression of a newborn and will allow for some minor variations in this regard.
- For newborn babies, the photo may be taken while the child is sitting in a car seat, as long as a white blanket is placed over the seat behind the child’s head. There must be no shadows on the face or shoulders, around the ears or in the background.
Your application will be rejected if your photos do not meet these specifications.
If you are in a wheelchair, we recommend that a plain white blanket placed over the wheelchair behind the applicant’s head so that your facial features and the edges of your face are clearly visible.
Headwear or nasal cannula:
When required for medical reasons, you can wear headwear or a nasal cannula in your permanent resident photo – as long as your eyes remain clearly visible. We recommend that you include a signed explanation with your application. We may request that you submit a letter from your doctor.
Jen Barker Worley Photography
555 Grant Street, Suite 337 Offices at the William Penn Pittsburgh, PA 15219
Are you looking for a Passport photographer near me? I am a Pittsburgh passport photographer and I am happy to take your passport or PR photo.
Jen Barker Worley Photography specializes in headshot and personal branding photography in the Pittsburgh area. Downtown Pittsburgh. #headshotcrew